- Sep 04
- 20th RAINDANCE FILM FESTIVAL programme announced
- Posted by Deljhp - 04/09/12 at 05:28 PM
The Raindance Film Festival has announced its 20th festival programme and this year’s line-up is a real doozy! Highlights include; 105 features and over 138 shorts and 64 UK Premieres, 13 International Premieres, 5 European Premieres, 19 World Premieres and 24 Directorial Debuts from 38 countries with another exceptional year of internationally acclaimed films, special live events, exclusive Q&As and masterclasses.
Opening the festival on Wednesday 26th September is the International Premiere of HERE COMES THE DEVIL – a fantasy horror from Mexico. Shot in Tijuana, a married couple lose their children while on a family trip near some caves in Tijuana. The kids eventually reappear without explanation, but it becomes clear that they are not who they used to be and that something terrifying has changed them.
Closing the festival on Sunday 7th October is the UK Premiere of 7 CRATES – from Paraguay and fresh from its screening in Toronto Film Festival’s vanguard section. The film focusses on Victor, 17, who lives in Asunción and dreams of having a TV set. He agrees to deliver seven boxes in exchange for 100 dollars. It sounds like nothing could be easier, but the boxes contain something everyone wants.
Sandwiched between those two is a complete smorgasbord of indie, cult and genre goodies. The festival will take place from 26th September to 7th October at its home of London's Apollo Cinema Piccadilly Circus, and ALL the info can be found on the fests official site....right here.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review