- May 03
- 5 Points Pictures announces MOSS
- Posted by Deljhp - 03/05/12 at 08:07 PM
Anime/Manga distributor Right Stuf Right Stuf Inc have just announced the creation of 5 Points Pictures a new division set to focus on live-action programming, and there’s going to be a ton of great Asian titles heading Stateside, from them very soon.
Early on the cards to be released under this studio-label - as part of a multi-picture agreement with South Korea's CJ Entertainment - include critical favourites ‘Bleak Night’, ‘Punch’, recent hits ‘Finding Mr. Destiny,’ ‘Penny Pinchers,’ ‘The Suicide Forecast,’ and edge-of-your-seat drama Tazza: The High Rollers' - But first up for the 5 Point treatment will be a special-edition DVD of MOSS the excellent murder-mystery-thriller, from Director Kang Woo-suk and its due to hit the streets this August.
Extra features: “The Making of Moss,” “The Beginning of the Story – The Comic Behind the Story,” art and set design documentary (“The Birth of the Village”), make-up and effects featurette (“Come Out to the Real World”), poster shoot video, original South Korean teaser and trailer, cast and director bios, and 5 Points Pictures trailers.
Synopsis: Hae-guk receives word that his estranged father has passed away, so he travels to the remote village where the older man lived to attend the funeral. However, when Hae-guk starts asking questions about his father’s life – and unexplained death – the residents and their charismatic Chief exchange mysterious looks and seem anxious to rush him out of their village. Something isn’t right, and Hae-guk is determined to uncover the truth… at any cost!
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review