- Nov 01
- Argento’s SUSPIRIA gets the Synapse treatment
- Posted by Deljhp - 01/11/13 at 07:30 PM
U.S classic horror fans rejoice! Synapse Films, Inc. has acquired the North American home-video rights to Dario Argento's 1977 classic horror film SUSPIRIA, with an original soundtrack by European prog-rockers Goblin.
Described as “one of the scariest films of all time” by Entertainment Weekly, SUSPIRIA stars Jessica Harper (Brian De Palma's PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE, Woody Allen's STARDUST MEMORIES) as a young girl caught up in a coven of witches controlling a German dance academy, with a guest appearance by Udo Kier (Lars von Trier's NYMPH( )MANIAC, Andy Warhol's FRANKENSTEIN and DRACULA).
Synapse will work closely with Technicolor Rome and Technicolor Los Angeles to create an all-new high-definition 2K scan from the original negative for a possible 2014-15 video release. “It’s important to spend as much time as possible to create the definitive high-definition home video version for the fans,” May explains. “We’re going to take our time with this one.”
They are planning extensive work on SUSPIRIA in conjunction with Technicolor, utilizing both their Rome and Hollywood facilities. The film scanning will be coordinated and supervised by Technicolor Hollywood’s Director of Restoration Services, Tom Burton, whose film restoration credits include Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER, Georges Méliès’ A TRIP TO THE MOON, and Blake Edwards' BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S.
Synapse always do sympathetic, top end work on their restorations and from the looks they aren’t sparing on coin on this one either. Definitely one to pick up when they announce its release in the new year.
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD
- New poster for Thai thriller THE LAST EXECUTIONER
- In a Nutshell: FIRESTORM