- May 08
- Aussie horror THE LOVED ONES hits the U.S this June
- Posted by Deljhp - 08/05/12 at 07:57 PM
Great news for all you U.S gore fiends who are fans of unusual, quirky and shockingly bloody horror - Australian first time director Sean Byrne’s "Carrie"-meets-"Misery" flick The Loved Ones, is finally due for some theatrical releases in the U.S ,and the date to watch out for is June 1st! Details of which cities are lucky enough to get to see it first (plus there’s a tab to click to request further venues) are on the films official site.
Prom night just got BLOODY...good.
Synopsis: Brent (Xavier Samuel) has never really recovered from the night of his car crash. It's the crash that killed his father, the crash that he was responsible for, and his only solace is his loving girlfriend Holly. But there's another girl who yearns to comfort Brent, the quietest girl in school, Lola. Just when Brent thought his life couldn't get any worse, Brent turns down Lola's invitation to the school prom and enters a nightmare beyond imagining. Just hours before the dance, Brent is abducted and taken to Lola's home by her adoring, demented DADDY who's determined to make his lovelorn princess's dream come true, her own private prom night with her dream date. As the night wears on Brent discovers that Lola's feelings for him aren't the only thing she's been keeping a secret, and although beaten and broken, he must summon every ounce of will he possesses if he is to survive, escape, and prevent Lola and her father from extending her revenge to those he loves most.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM