- Dec 10
- Aussie horror THE LOVED ONES: Review
- Posted by Deljhp - 10/12/10 at 07:47 PM
Director: Sean Byrne. Review: Adam Wing.
The Loved Ones might sound like a romantic comedy, Sean Byrne’s brutal horror movie even toys with themes of love, obsession and Mr Right, but it’s not long before he throws them into a pit with ravenous hordes of Mr Wrong. Brent all ready has a date for the dance, Lola doesn’t. So when this pretty, yet socially inept young thing asks him to go with her, the warning signs flash a less romantic shade of red. Brent has demons of his own, his father died in car accident six months earlier, and he’s struggling to come to terms with the loss. It’s not like he ridicules the poor girl though, we’re not heading into Carrie territory just yet, but Lola is one messed up chick - just you wait ’til you meet the rest of the family. Her father does what every loving parent would do in this type of situation; he gives her a hug and buys her a pony. Wait just a second; did somebody say this was an Australian horror movie? Lola’s father kidnaps Brent and forces him to be her date for the evening. That’s right folks, it’s prom night revisited, coming to a kitchen diner/dancehall near you. With rock ballads, balloons and party hats aplenty. Not to mention bloody chaos and ample carnage....Continue reading review.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX