- Apr 30
- Brazil’s Fantaspoa Film Fest announces its full program
- Posted by Deljhp - 30/04/12 at 07:28 PM
Latin America is getting in on the genre action! Starting next week, on may 4th and going until may, 20th, Brazil’s Porto Alegre will be capital of Genre Cinema. Fantaspoa – International Fantastic Film Festival of Porto Alegre, the biggest genre film festival of South America will be back for its 8th edition, with 17 days of pure cinephilia, exhibiting 150 films – including 87 features from 32 countries: 5 having their world première, 12 in national première and 43 in their Latin America première.
The festival will also bring more than 35 guests, including the duo that will be getting a Career Achievement Award: David Schmoeller and Stuart Gordon. Schmoeller, in the occasion, will also have the première of his first feature in 14 years: “Little Monsters”. The festival will open and close with two world premières: “Nervo Craniano Zero”, directed by Paulo Biscaia Filho will open the festival and “Cell Count”, directed by Todd E. Freeman will close it.
There’s no English version of the program but it’s easy to navigate (especially if you stick it through the Google translator) and well worth a look if you like your movies on the darker side of different . Check it out here.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX