- Jun 11
- China goes Blair Witch at ‘31 Degrees North Latitude’
- Posted by Deljhp - 11/06/10 at 08:05 AM
Mainland China isn’t exactly well known for being a power house of Horror movie production (in fact for a while during the Olympics they actually banned them) so it was a surprise to discover out of the blue that they’ve gone and produced a Blair Witch style video cam docu-horror, titled Video Cassette of 31 Degrees North Latitude. Looses something in the translation we’ll grant you, but watch the trailer and this actually looks pretty damn good.
The story revolves around a group of scientists who travel into a remote region of China (at 31 Degrees North Latitude) infamous for strange occurrences, to do research in the legend of a mythical creature ‘The Wild man of China.’ From the clip, something tells us it finds them first, and its none too friendly. Here’s hoping this gets a release in Hong Kong soon, so we can pick it up on DVD. Trailer at the link.
- Korean horror thriller THE WICKED goes theatrical
- Nothing Infernal about REVENGE OF THE GREEN DRAGONS
- Because you know it makes sense SHARKNADO 2 on DVD
- First there was INK. Now look who’s in THE FRAME
- Third Window Films offer us a LESSON OF EVIL
- Kung Po Flesh is on the menu in EVIL FEED
- New trailer for KILLERS
- In a Nutshell: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY