- Jun 11
- China goes Blair Witch at ‘31 Degrees North Latitude’
- Posted by Deljhp - 11/06/10 at 08:05 AM
Mainland China isn’t exactly well known for being a power house of Horror movie production (in fact for a while during the Olympics they actually banned them) so it was a surprise to discover out of the blue that they’ve gone and produced a Blair Witch style video cam docu-horror, titled Video Cassette of 31 Degrees North Latitude. Looses something in the translation we’ll grant you, but watch the trailer and this actually looks pretty damn good.
The story revolves around a group of scientists who travel into a remote region of China (at 31 Degrees North Latitude) infamous for strange occurrences, to do research in the legend of a mythical creature ‘The Wild man of China.’ From the clip, something tells us it finds them first, and its none too friendly. Here’s hoping this gets a release in Hong Kong soon, so we can pick it up on DVD. Trailer at the link.
- GRINDHOUSE TRAILER CLASSICS 4 – out on DVD
- New Korean omnibus leaves us anything but MAD SAD BAD
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD