- Jun 11
- China goes Blair Witch at ‘31 Degrees North Latitude’
- Posted by Deljhp - 11/06/10 at 08:05 AM
Mainland China isn’t exactly well known for being a power house of Horror movie production (in fact for a while during the Olympics they actually banned them) so it was a surprise to discover out of the blue that they’ve gone and produced a Blair Witch style video cam docu-horror, titled Video Cassette of 31 Degrees North Latitude. Looses something in the translation we’ll grant you, but watch the trailer and this actually looks pretty damn good.
The story revolves around a group of scientists who travel into a remote region of China (at 31 Degrees North Latitude) infamous for strange occurrences, to do research in the legend of a mythical creature ‘The Wild man of China.’ From the clip, something tells us it finds them first, and its none too friendly. Here’s hoping this gets a release in Hong Kong soon, so we can pick it up on DVD. Trailer at the link.
- South Korea prepares itself for the KING’S WRATH
- UK trailer for Indie sci-fi actioner THE MACHINE
- In a Nutshell: CARRIE
- Arrow Films look into the WHITE OF THE EYE
- The show must go on for STAGE FRIGHT
- A MONSTER is coming to N. American
- All aboard the Pork Chop Express…
- TERRACOTTA FAR EAST FILM FESTIVAL - Part VI