- Mar 18
- Cine Asia presents Hong Kong Legends!
- Posted by Deljhp - 18/03/11 at 06:50 PM
Rapidly becoming the one of the most prolific distributors of Asian movies in the UK, Cine Asia have just announced a deal with Entertainment One giving them access to their entire back title list, massively increasing their Asian movie catalogue. Here’s the details…
“Continuing our passionate commitment to deliver the very best in Asian action-cinema through our pioneering Cine Asia brand, Showbox Media Group is proud to announce the re-birth of the celebrated Hong Kong Legends action-cinema label. Under the new releasing banner, ‘CINE ASIA presents HKL', Showbox is set to bring the label back to life, and will re-release the cream of Entertainment One's Asian film catalogue, including Jet Li's Once upon a time in China series, Jackie Chan's Police Story 1&2 and Donnie Yen's world-famous, Iron Monkey.
Originally launched on February 7th 2000, Hong Kong Legends broke new ground in the presentation of classic Hong Kong Cinema titles. Undertaking an extensive film restoration programme and developing an entire range of exclusive bonus material, HKL was considered the gold-standard in Asian Cinema until its part-discontinuation in 2007. To celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Bruce Lee's birthday, CINE ASIA presents HKL will first re-release the feature-packed 2-Disc Ultimate Editions of Bruce Lee's illustrious movies The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Way of the Dragon and Game of Death, along with the brand-new Cine Asia Blu-ray and DVD release of 'Young Bruce Lee' on 30th May 2011.”
Looks like classic Hong Kong action nirvana, is about to land in the UK!
- GRINDHOUSE TRAILER CLASSICS 4 – out on DVD
- New Korean omnibus leaves us anything but MAD SAD BAD
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD