- Jan 10
- DEAD SUSHI invade North America
- Posted by Deljhp - 10/01/13 at 07:13 PM
As premises go - killer sea food - is not all that more warped than what he’s done before, but saying that, cracked nutcase of a genius, Japanese director Noboru Iguchi has brought us some of the best (‘Mutant Girls Squad,’ ‘The Machine Girl,’ to name bit a few) that Japanese cult/action/exploitation cinema has to offer. Well now U.S splatter fans can enjoy his latest opus of insanity...Dead Sushi, because it hits DVD and Blu-ray...Stateside, on January 22.
Synopsis: Keiko, the daughter of a legendary sushi chef, runs away from home when his Karate-style regimen becomes too severe. Finding work at a rural hot springs inn, she is ridiculed by the eccentric staff and guests, including the employees of a pharmaceutical firm there on a work retreat. But little do they know that a disgruntled former researcher has also come to the inn with a plan for revenge, using a serum he developed that can awaken the murderous instincts of ordinary sushi, turning it into bloodthirsty monsters! Keiko must use both her sushi training and her martial arts skills to save the others and defeat the flying killers.
- Everybody loves clowns. Everybody loves candy floss… right?
- The Vault: AB-NORMAL BEAUTY
- Something strange is happening in THE BURBS
- Trailer for Japanese horror comedy HUNGER Z
- New red-band trailer for AS ABOVE SO BELOW
- In a Nutshell: THE QUIET ONES
- A midnight snack for the HUNGRY GHOST RITUAL on DVD
- Stay on Target. Stay on THE TARGET (BOOM)