- Jan 10
- DEAD SUSHI invade North America
- Posted by Deljhp - 10/01/13 at 07:13 PM
As premises go - killer sea food - is not all that more warped than what he’s done before, but saying that, cracked nutcase of a genius, Japanese director Noboru Iguchi has brought us some of the best (‘Mutant Girls Squad,’ ‘The Machine Girl,’ to name bit a few) that Japanese cult/action/exploitation cinema has to offer. Well now U.S splatter fans can enjoy his latest opus of insanity...Dead Sushi, because it hits DVD and Blu-ray...Stateside, on January 22.
Synopsis: Keiko, the daughter of a legendary sushi chef, runs away from home when his Karate-style regimen becomes too severe. Finding work at a rural hot springs inn, she is ridiculed by the eccentric staff and guests, including the employees of a pharmaceutical firm there on a work retreat. But little do they know that a disgruntled former researcher has also come to the inn with a plan for revenge, using a serum he developed that can awaken the murderous instincts of ordinary sushi, turning it into bloodthirsty monsters! Keiko must use both her sushi training and her martial arts skills to save the others and defeat the flying killers.
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival
- Teaser poster for Korean horror thriller DOCTOR