- Aug 29
- Exclusive trailer for Brit horror WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT
- Posted by Deljhp - 29/08/12 at 12:05 PM
The “based on a true story” horror sub genre still shows no sigh of running out of steam, but the UK hasn’t really jumped on that band wagon in a big way in the last couple of years...Weird when you’d think they would have a ton of haunting material to play with? Well it seems director Pat Holden means to change all that with his new scare flick When the Lights Went Out, and being British, its how horror should be; dingy, gritty and oh so very unglamorous. There’s a somewhat derogatory saying in the UK that "its grim up north.” A damn site more so maybe, if you’re being terrorized by a killer poltergeist? 'When the Lights Went Out' opens in the UK Sept 14.
Synopsis: Everything you are about to see…really happened. Yorkshire, the north of England, 1974, the Maynard family moves into their dream house. It’s a dream that quickly descends into a panic stricken nightmare as the family discovers a horrifying truth, a truth that will make the history books. The house is already occupied by the most violent poltergeist ever documented, a poltergeist that will tear you from your bed as you sleep and drag you helplessly into the darkness. As the attacks on the family become increasingly violent and terrifying it becomes clear that the exorcism of the poltergeist will be their only chance for survival. Two separate exorcisms are attempted… the consequences of which… are disastrous. When the Lights Went Out is based on true events that occurred at No. 30, East Drive on the Chesterfield Estate, Pontefract, West Yorkshire. The subject of a plethora of research group studies, books and newspaper reports, this is the horrifying story of what really happened. Embrace the truth and experience unrivalled terror.
- GRINDHOUSE TRAILER CLASSICS 4 – out on DVD
- New Korean omnibus leaves us anything but MAD SAD BAD
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD