- Jun 06
- EYEBORGS: DVD review
- Posted by Deljhp - 06/06/11 at 09:19 PM
Director: Richard Clabaugh. Review: Adam Wing.
Paranoia is at an all time high. Government surveillance has reached unprecedented levels of authority and control. Mobile robotic cameras that can follow anyone, anywhere, at anytime, are governing society. The entire human population is being watched, judged, sentenced and contained. Richard Clabaugh presents a vision of the future all too apparent, all too relevant and all too terrifying. Richard Clabaugh presents a movie that dares to tackle political themes, conspiracy theories, privacy mandates and current affairs. Richard Clabaugh presents a picture starring Adrian Paul (Highlander: End Game) as law enforcement officer ‘Gunner’ Reynolds, in a sci-fi actioner that dares to call itself Eyeborgs. Well you can’t have everything, right?
A throwback to 80’s action sensibilities is no bad thing, which is fortunate because Eyeborgs comes on like a cross between Robocop and Batteries Not Included, with a sprinkling of Starship Troopers thrown in for good measure. In Richard Clabaugh’s low budget sci-fi spectacle, the Eyeborgs don’t just watch. If they see a crime in progress, and no other law enforcement is present, they can take whatever action is necessary to stop it. An investigation into a series of suspicious deaths leads Reynolds (Adrian Paul) to believe that terrorists are using the Eyeborgs in a plot to assassinate the President of the United States...Continue reading review here.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX