- Feb 13
- First teaser for new Ring sequel SADAKO 3D
- Posted by Adgy - 13/02/12 at 07:34 PM
We got word almost a year ago that Kadokawa Pictures were bringing Sadako, the long-haired girl in the well from the Ring films, back to the big screen in Sadako 3D and over the weekend we finally got ourselves a teaser trailer! The new installment in the series is directed by Tsutomu Hanabusa and based on the forthcoming novel S (Esu) by original creator Koji Suzuki (and hopefully, an english translated release is not far behind that) and hits theaters in Japan on May 12th. No word on any international release dates yet.
Synopsis: Akane is a high school teacher who hears a rumor from her students that there is actual footage on the Internet of someone's suicide. The footage is said to drive anyone who sees it to also commit suicide. Akane does not believe the rumor at first, but when one of her female students dies after viewing the footage, she and her boyfriend Takanori are fatefully drawn into the horror that has been created by the man who appears in the suicide footage, Kashiwada. Kashiwada's intention is to create chaos in the world by bringing back Sadako and the power of her curse. Now Akane has to fight against Sadako and Kashiwada to save the lives of herself and Takanori.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review