- Jun 28
- Five tales of horror in Korean fright flick HORROR STORIES
- Posted by Deljhp - 28/06/12 at 06:51 PM
No one, or two but five directors (Hong Ji-young, Im Dae-woong, Jeong Beom-sik, Kim Gok, Min Gyoo-dong, Kim Sun) are set to bring us five tales of terror, in the Korean omnibus fright flick Horror Stories – And yes you guessed it...its trailer time. Portmanteau films are sometimes hard to pull off successfully, if there’s a weak point in the chain, but so far it doesn’t look like that’s the case. Judge for yourself, at the link.
Synopsis: HORROR STORIES, the horror omnibus film of five episodes by five filmmakers including Jeong Bum Shik (EPITAPH), Kim Gok and Kim Sun(WHITE), Hong Ji Young (THE NAKED KITCHEN), Yim Dae Woong (MY TEACHER) and Min Gyu Dong (MEMENTO MORI, ANTIQUE), who finished the bridge cuts connecting all episodes. All the episodes are combined in a film-in-film structure provided by a story of a young girl who is kidnapped by a serial killer who cannot sleep until he listens to a story horrifying to death. All directors - except Hong - made horror films before present distinctive styles and themes of their own in the frame of traditional horror conventions. Introducing classic elements of horror films like zombie, serial killer, each episode addresses different social issues of contemporary Korea from laborer’s reality to vulgar capitalist desires. Unlike its past years of having best time in summer season, Korean horror seems top keep losing its attraction recently. Hopefully, HORROR STORIES will fuel the heat of Korean horror films, again.
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD
- New poster for Thai thriller THE LAST EXECUTIONER
- In a Nutshell: FIRESTORM