- Jun 09
- Full trailer for monster mash-up MILLION DOLLAR CROCODILE
- Posted by Deljhp - 09/06/12 at 01:18 PM
Hang onto your hats because it’s action packed and more cheesy than a direct hit on a Dairy lea factory! No-one ever said the U.S could corner the market on the mega monster movie genre forever, and it looks like China has decided they need to cash in on fun, with none other than...wait for it....The Million-Dollar Crocodile?!
As effects driven, monster movies go, the CGI looks a damn site better than a lot we’ve seen coming out of the U.S over the last couple of years - Plus there seems to be a healthy dose of tongue in cheek (they’d be mad to treat this seriously...right?) humour along with; ‘the giant croc munches everything in its path’ storyline. The Million-Dollar Crocodile opens in China and Hong Kong next week.
Synopsis: Xiao Xing, a little boy lives in little town, Mei Jia Wu, he’s in the 4th grade at school, and has a best friend named Amao, who is an eight meter long crocodile. They get alone with each other, peacefully. For many years, Amao has been living in a local crocodile farm ran by tough Bald Liu who caught Amao in Thailand. But this year, Bald Liu has to sell all the crocodiles due to bankruptcy. Unfortunately, the notorious tricky businessman Zhao Da Zui bought them all for developing a series crocodile meat based meals. When the crocodiles are going to be killed by slaughters, Amao pulled apart the ropes angrily, and leads all crocodiles fighting for their lives and killed the chef and escaped. This incident shatters the calm little town and Mei Jia Wu’s quiet and easy life. Xiao Xing and his father Da Wei Wang were all involved and the crocs are on the HUNT.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM