- Aug 13
- GYO: TOKYO FISH ATTACK on UK DVD
- Posted by Deljhp - 13/08/12 at 07:23 PM
No.....for once we’re not dipping a toe into the murky (if entertaining) waters of The Asylum’s never ending creature feature production machine - instead we're heading east, into the freaky weird and wonderful world of Japanese Anime. Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack, director Takayuki Hirao’s screen adaptation of Junji Ito's surreal story of mutant zombie fish is set to bow on UK DVD following its success at the Terror Cotta Horror movie marathon part of Terracotta Festival in association with Film Four Frightfest.
An Anime getting an 15 certificate is a fairly rare fish these days, so if you like your Manga extreme, dive in. Gyo is release Aug 20.
Synopsis: An adaptation of the popular manga by Junji Ito, Gyo centers around the "death stench", a revolting smell first encountered in connection with creatures appearing to be bizarre and aggressive mutant fish with scuttling, sharp metal legs. When Okinawa is taken over by these dangerous, disgusting and disturbing walking fish that are leaving the ocean heading to the cities, Kaori loses contact with her boyfriend and heads to Tokyo to locate him, only to find that the metropolis has been taken over by bigger and bigger killer fish. As she battles her way through the ruined city things get weirder and more dangerous, leading to a finale that must be seen to be believed!
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review