- Oct 07
- HAEUNDAE becomes TIDAL WAVE for UK DVD release
- Posted by Deljhp - 07/10/09 at 08:32 AM
A treat for disaster flick fans. Korean summer blockbuster disaster movie Haeundae is heading for UK R2 DVD. Freshly renamed with the - very literal and smirk inducing - new title of Tidal Wave, Haeundae was billed as Koreas first ever disaster pic, but unconventionally it also has a liberal sprinkling of comedy (some of it full blown slapstick) thrown in. Always count on Korea to push the blending and bending of genres. Tidal Wave (aka Haeundae) is released by 'Optimum,' next week.
Synopsis: Located on the Southeast of the Korean peninsula is the international city of Busan. A popular vacation spot on the East Sea coast, Haeundae draws one million visitors to its beaches every year. Man-sik, a native of region, went deep-sea fishing four years before and lost a co-worker in a tsunami; he has never returned. He now leads a simple life running a small sushi shop and is preparing to propose to his long time girlfriend, Yeon-hee. While these seemingly banal domestic affairs unfold, geologist Kim-Hwi, an expert on tsunami research, discovers the East Sea is showing signs of activity similar to the Indian Ocean at the time of the 2004 tsunami. Despite his warnings, the Disaster Prevention Agency affirms that Korea is in no harm of being hit. When he discovers a super tsunami starting in Tsushima – Japan, is headed straight for the Korean peninsula, he quickly heads down to Haeundae. Eventually, KIM gets a call about a deadly oncoming wave, with only ten minutes to spare! While the vacationers and citizens of Busan are enjoying a peaceful, hot summer day, a super-tsunami is headed straight for Haeundae at 500 miles per hour.
- RABID DOGS arrive on UK DVD & Blu
- English subbed trailer for VENGEANCE OF AN ASSASSIN
- Hellboy, Robocop, The Punisher and Jaa ply SKIN TRADE
- Visit THE WORLD OF KANAKO at the London Film Festival
- Fantasy horror BLACK BUTLER arrives in the UK
- THE VISITOR: Blu-Ray Review
- Times aren’t hard for THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN
- The Phoenix is proud to present FRIGHTARAMA 2014