- Aug 25
- Herzog’s BAD LIEUTENANT gets a U.S. release date
- Posted by Adgy - 25/08/09 at 06:55 PM
TheBigPicture is reporting that Werner Herzog’s insane, drug-fueled cop film Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans will be hitting theaters in the U.S. on November 20th, care of First Look Studios. The film, starring Nicolas Cage, Val Kilmer, Eva Mendes and Brad Dourif has nothing to do with Abel Ferrera’s 1990 cop drama starring Harvey Keitel (recently re-released on special edition DVD) other than being about a cop with a fondness for drugs, alcohol and prostitutes.
Herzog, who admitted to MTV News in March that he had never seen the original Bad Lieutenant, said that the movie “is a new form of film noir,” and that Cage’s performance is the “best he’s ever done.”
Interesting that a distribution deal and date has been decided upon even before the film makes its debut at the upcoming Venice and Toronto Film Festivals. Great news, though. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, do yourself a favor and check it out. It’s an experience in and of itself.
- Take flight with THE ETERNAL ZERO on DVD
- New trailer for [REC] 4: APOCALYPSE
- Takashi Miike’s LESSON OF EVIL on UK DVD!!!!!!
- THE EXTREME FOX skulks on to Hong Kong DVD
- THE LEGEND ENDS this September
- Everybody loves clowns & candy floss… right?
- The Vault: AB-NORMAL BEAUTY
- Something strange is happening in THE BURBS