- Aug 27
- IP MAN gets U.K theatrical release
- Posted by Deljhp - 27/08/09 at 09:01 AM
Well this news came at us out of leftfield. We were expecting Donnie Yen’s Ip Man - the biopic of the life of Bruce Lee’s martial arts teacher - to be heading straight to DVD in the U.K, but it seems they have other ideas. Ip Man (released by Showbox Entertainment) will be opening the film first, in selected UK cinemas on October 2nd. So all you Brit, Donnie fans, keep a sharp eye on your local cinema listings.
The year is 1935 and Foshan in Guangdong province is a hive of martial arts schools each competing against each other for superiority. The area's undisputed Wing Chun master is Ip Man (Yen), an independently wealthy and unassuming character who refuses to give classes and only fights behind closed doors in order to protect his challengers from the embarrassment of defeat. Several years later, invasion by Japanese military forces sees Ip Man and his family destitute and hungry. In desperation, Ip takes a job working at the local coal plant alongside many of his fellow martial artists, where employees are offered Rice to take part in bouts fighting against the Japanese soldiers in the commander's private dojo.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM