- Sep 18
- KARATE-ROBO ZABORGAR: U.S DVD review
- Posted by Deljhp - 18/09/12 at 06:09 PM
Director: Noboru Iguchi. Review: Chris Sawin.
Noboru Iguchi is perhaps known best for his 2008 film "The Machine Girl." His style is purposely over the top in every sense as every line of dialogue is overacted, the storyline is usually completely unbelievable, and the gore usually features geysers of blood and ridiculous decapitations. Iguchi completely embraces the cheese factor and enhances it to the utmost degree. "Karate-Robo Zaborgar" brings the cheese, but tones down the gore yet is still exactly what you should expect from an Iguchi film.
"Karate-Robo Zaborgar" is based on the 1974 TV series "Denjin Zaborgar" and if the end credits are anything to go by is pretty similar to the film; at least as far as major plot points go. The action film is a lot like "Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers," "Ultraman," "Kamen Rider," and even Jet Jaguar from "Godzilla Vs Megalon." Expect a lot of fighting, jumping around, physically impossible maneuvers, and eccentrically designed villains that walk a thin line between being awesome and being completely stupid.
The difference is that "Karate-Robo Zaborgar" is a bit more adult than anything it reminds you of. There is a ton of sexual innuendo and the most ludicrous sex scene you've seen in quite some time that features some of the most bizarre S&M to ever be put to film. There are a few instances where some pretty extreme blood splatters are used. Missiles fly out of women's breasts and Zaborgar admires the panties of another robot. It's as if "Karate-Robo Zaborgar" hints that it could jump to an R-rated film at any time, but never actually does...Continue review here.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM