- Aug 14
- Korean action flick R2B: RETURN TO BASE gets U.S release
- Posted by Deljhp - 14/08/12 at 05:40 PM
The North American arm of Korea distro house CJ Entertainment has really started to turn around some speedy U.S releases of their titles these days, and you won’t hear us complaining especially when it means we can get a dose of full on (over the top) action, and aerial action thriller R2B: Return to Base will fit the bill just perfectly thank you very much.
Inspired by the 1963 South Korean film, Red Scarf by legendary director Shin Sang-ok, R2B: Return to Base is set in modern-day Seoul and features pop starlet Rain. The movie takes off in multiple locations across the U.S and Canada from August 24. Check out the shiny new official site, with trailers and pics galore..below.
Synopsis: They have 7 minutes to pull off the most critical airborne mission in history. South Korean elite Air Force pilot Tae-hun is kicked out of his flying team and demoted into a combat unit after a cocky and dangerous air show demonstration. On the first day of his transfer to F15K, he has a run-in with Cheol-hui, the unit’s leader. Tae-hun’s rebellious swagger and Cheol-hui’s buttoned down discipline come into conflict almost immediately. Meanwhile, Tae-hun becomes fast friends with the rest of his new squad, including Se-yeong, whom he immediately falls for. One cloudless day, a routine reconnaissance mission for the squad suddenly ends in the untimely death of a team member and the disappearance of another. Just as quickly an unidentified combat plane is found heading into Seoul’s airspace and Tae-hun and Cheol-hui must find a way to pull off an impossible mission to stop a war!
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival
- Teaser poster for Korean horror thriller DOCTOR