- Oct 30
- Korean horror DEATH BELL aka Gosa on DVD
- Posted by Deljhp - 30/10/08 at 12:57 PM
Light on the long haired ghosts, Korean frightener Death Bell (AKA: Gosa) instead gives a large nod of recognition to the world of slasher horror. One for the few domestic horror releases there this year, Death Bell brought over a million moviegoers into theatres and has become one of Korea's highest-grossing horror films ever. The feature debut of music video director Chang, the high school horror focuses on an all to familiar and dreadful experience that students in Korea are all too familiar with - exams are hell - and takes it to a bloody, terrifying extreme. Gosa arrives on DVD November 8th.
For every wrong answer, one student dies. As the countdown for college entrance exams begin, Chang Ahn High School organizes a special exam cram class for the top 20 students including girl-next-door Lee Na and classroom big shot Hyun Kang. Taught by Hwang Chang Wook and three other teachers, the class is festering with high-strung overachieving teens, some of whom are struggling with serious mental illnesses. In the middle of class, the television suddenly turns on. The students are shocked to see their classmate Hye Young drowning in a water tank onscreen. A voice asks them a sample exam question. Answer correctly, and the classmate lives. Answer incorrectly and...
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review