- Feb 05
- Lawrence Gough’s UK horror SALVAGE finally released
- Posted by Deljhp - 05/02/10 at 04:10 PM
Director Lawrence Gough’s stunning debut film Salvage is to finally get a UK theatrical release next month. A big hit at both the London FrightFest and the Edinburgh film festivals last year, this small budget gem packs punches well above its class. Intelligent horror, with plenty of scares. Oh go on, we’ll force ourselves. Salvage hits British cinemas March 19th and then DVD a week later on March 22nd. Good news for you region free ready folk, outside the UK, eager to see it. No official trailer for the film as yet, but you can take a gander at the original red band promo, used for the Edinburgh film fest.
Synopsis: Christmas Eve. When a ship container washes ashore nearby to a sleepy cul-de-sac, the residents are plunged into a world of violence, terror and paranoia. A group of heavily armed military personnel storm their road ordering them at gunpoint to retreat inside their homes. Unsure if this is the sign of a terrorist attack, or something much worse, one local mother finds it in herself to desperately fight to save her estranged daughter stranded across the street. However, with growing dread, the residents soon discover that the threat is more monstrous than any of them could possibly imagine, and survival is no longer a guarantee...
Salvage trailer (Not work safe)
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM