- Sep 14
- MISS ZOMBIE arrives in the U.S.A
- Posted by Deljhp - 14/09/13 at 12:09 PM
The premise and beautifully stark monochrome visuals of cult director Sabu latest offering Miss Zombie has had us intrigued for several months now, so its good news its finally heading our way (its due for its North American premiere at this years Austin Fantastic Fest) so we can finally get a decent, detailed, handle on the (below) plot.
Miss Zombie screens at the AFF on Sept 21. And gets released on R1 DVD a month (hmm, ya well, you never know) later?!
Synopsis: A doctor and his family receive an unexpected delivery from an old friend at their remote country home - a large wooden crate containing a gun, a female zombie and an instruction sheet telling them not to feed her meat. The family is concerned, of course, but she seems harmless enough. Perhaps she can help clean up outside? Welcome to the unusual world of MISS ZOMBIE, a world in which the zombie virus is clearly a well-known phenomenon and in which more docile sufferers are bought and sold to hobbyists or those looking for cheap labour. It’s a practice not without controversy – the neighbours aren’t thrilled about the newly arrived undead – but she’s quiet, requires little supervision and is an immediate hit with the family’s young son.
- GRINDHOUSE TRAILER CLASSICS 4 – out on DVD
- New Korean omnibus leaves us anything but MAD SAD BAD
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD