- Sep 14
- MISS ZOMBIE arrives in the U.S.A
- Posted by Deljhp - 14/09/13 at 12:09 PM
The premise and beautifully stark monochrome visuals of cult director Sabu latest offering Miss Zombie has had us intrigued for several months now, so its good news its finally heading our way (its due for its North American premiere at this years Austin Fantastic Fest) so we can finally get a decent, detailed, handle on the (below) plot.
Miss Zombie screens at the AFF on Sept 21. And gets released on R1 DVD a month (hmm, ya well, you never know) later?!
Synopsis: A doctor and his family receive an unexpected delivery from an old friend at their remote country home - a large wooden crate containing a gun, a female zombie and an instruction sheet telling them not to feed her meat. The family is concerned, of course, but she seems harmless enough. Perhaps she can help clean up outside? Welcome to the unusual world of MISS ZOMBIE, a world in which the zombie virus is clearly a well-known phenomenon and in which more docile sufferers are bought and sold to hobbyists or those looking for cheap labour. It’s a practice not without controversy – the neighbours aren’t thrilled about the newly arrived undead – but she’s quiet, requires little supervision and is an immediate hit with the family’s young son.
- THE BURBS: Blu-ray review
- The Vault: AKIRA
- NIGHT OF THE COMET on Blu isn’t a million miles away
- A South African horrorFest is coming!
- Donnie’s back to rumble in the KUNG FU JUNGLE
- English subbed trailer for Thai horror THE SWIMMERS
- The Vault: ADRIFT IN TOKYO
- Kim Ki-duk’s MOEBIUS is coming to UK DVD this October