- Mar 21
- NAMELESS GANGSTER to descend on North America
- Posted by Adgy - 21/03/12 at 10:02 PM
Great news! Korean mobster flick Nameless Gangster is set to hit select theaters in the U.S. in just a couple of weeks. It's really nice to see distributors actually try and get a film released here before it's already on (importable) DVD and Blu-rays, isn't it? The flick, starring Choi Min-sik, of Oldboy and I Saw The Devil fame, is due to make it's stateside debut on March 30th in a handful of cities before spreading out a bit the following weeks.
Choi reportedly put on an extra 10kg for his role and co-actor Ha Jeong-woo (The Yellow Sea, The Chaser) apparently spent 8 hours getting a fake full-body tattoo that had to be touched up before every shooting. Choi's name alone makes this a must see, but the cast and this teaser definitely adds extra weight (pun intended) to our anticipation.
Synopsis: 1982, Busan. Ik-hyun (Choi Min-sik) is a corrupt customs officer who is on the verge of getting fired for bureaucratic reasons. He decides to go out with a bang when he comes upon a bag full of heroine and in an attempt to sell it to Japan, he partners up with Busan’s top gangster boss Hyung-bae (Ha Jung-woo). Ik-hyun immediately wins the trust of Hyung-bae with his ability to solve hurdles and to talk his way out of tricky situations. With Hyung-bae’s back alley prowess and Ik-hyun’s lobbying skills, the two men begin to take over Busan. Their era has finally come. When the war against crime was announced in the ‘90s, cracks in their relationship became more visible, and they begin to look for the right moment to backstab each other and take over the syndicate. Who will rise over the other and have the final laugh?
Check out the official site for exact locations and dates.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX