- Apr 20
- New teaser art for Teddy Chen’s THE GUILLONTINES
- Posted by Deljhp - 20/04/11 at 05:12 PM
It seems Teddy Chen’s (‘Bodyguards and Assassins’) big budget reboot of the classic 70s, Hong Kong martial arts movie 'The Flying Guillotines' has had itself a name change, at least that’s what it looks like according to this freshly released teaser art. “Flying” has been dropped and now its just…‘The Guillotines.’
Whatever handle we’re calling it now, the prospect of a big budget period martial arts flick about a team of ruthless, crack assassins versed in the use of a weapon that can decapitate its victims, is more than enough reason for us to want them to just get on and finish it already. Guillotines is due out early next year.
Synopsis: Arguably history’s first SWAT team, this covert assassination squad of the emperor was composed of young street thugs who had been killing for food and survival since they were kids. Trained to use the Flying Guillotines, the deadliest weapon ever invented, they competed with one another to be the best killer. Merciless and arrogant, they live life in the fast lane, until one day it was revealed they've been killing the wrong people for the wrong side. As they were ambushed by another team of killers, and the hunters became the hunted, they were forced to kill for their survival again or faced imminent annihilation.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review