- Aug 08
- New U.S trailer and artwork for Chen Kaige’s SACRIFICE
- Posted by Deljhp - 08/08/12 at 06:05 PM
Back in May we dropped word that Chen Kaige's sumptuous Asian period epic Sacrifice was heading Stateside for a very limited release - but if you missed the boat on that one, fear not, its due to hit DVD there in September and we’ve picked up the artwork and new trailer (in lovely hi-def Quicktime) for the release.
Sacrifice arrives on DVD, September 4, 2012 from Indomina Releasing.
Synopsis: Written and directed by Kaige and set during the opulent Yuan Dynasty in the 5th century B.C., SACRIFICE is the story of a newborn prince whose entire family, the Zhao clan, is wiped out by a rival general who ruthlessly seizes the throne. An ordinary man, the doctor who delivers the baby, gives up everything dearest to him to save the last young survivor in the bloodline of the noble Zhao, and secretly raises the child as his own. But the doctor, played impeccably by acclaimed actor Ge You, has devised his own plot for revenge and makes the cold-blooded General, Tu Angu, the boy’s godfather, allowing the would-be-King to infiltrate the royal palace as a guest. When the boy becomes a man, he must choose between two fathers, while the destiny of a nation rests with his decision.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review