- Jul 12
- PAINTED SKIN 2 coming Stateside in August
- Posted by Adgy - 12/07/12 at 09:14 PM
Hong Kong film fans in the US have got to be feeling pretty good today, as it was announced on the film's official Facebook page that Painted Skin II: The Resurrection will be coming to North America on August 17th. A little over a month after making its debut in HK. In the week or so since it's initial release in China, the film has already grabbed over 82 million dollars at the box office, breaking records and meeting with positive reviews.
This sequel to Gordon Chan's 2008 martial arts fantasy hit is being directed by Chen Kuo-fu, the man behind movies like The Message and Double Vision. Much of the cast is apparently returning for the sequel, including Zhou Xun and Vicki Zhao, but it will be without Donnie Yen. No release details have made their way to the net yet, but we'll update you once more information is available.
Synopsis: According to demon lore, it takes hundreds of years to attain human form. Even then, lacking a human heart, a demon cannot experience the true pains and passions of existence. However, there is a legend that if a pure human heart is freely offered to a demon, it can become a mortal and experience true life.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review