- Jul 19
- Poster and trailer for Chinese thriller THE SILENT WAR
- Posted by Adgy - 19/07/12 at 09:34 PM
Anytime a new movie with Tony Leung hits the radar it's cause for celebration around here, and there was a hell of a party thrown when we saw this first trailer for his latest, The Silent War. Formerly known as Windseeker, the film, adapted from Mai Jia's novel "Plot Against", teams Tony up with co-stars with Zhou Xun and Mavis Fan under directors Alan Mak (of the Infernal Affairs trilogy) and Felix Chong (The Lost Bladesman). Quite a combination, no?
The Silent War is set to make it's Chinese debut on August 10th. No word on any overseas release plans yet, but it's probably only a matter of time. We'll keep an eye out for you and let you know when you can expect to see it.
Synopsis: Set in 1950's Shanghai, China, after the establishment of the People's Republic of China. He Bing (Tony Leung Chiu Wai), the blind assistant to a piano tuner, is drafted into a spying mission due to his keen sense of hearing. His hearing is reported to be good enough even hear the wind.
Check out some stills
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM