- May 08
- Poster for Indonesian horror comedy KAKEK CANGKUL
- Posted by Deljhp - 08/05/12 at 05:45 PM
We’re back in the weird and wonderful world that is Indonesian movie production, which this time raises the question - can you make a horror comedy that revolves around the premise of a scythe wielding, psychotic senior citizen? Whether they’ve found the answer might well remain a mystery, but they are giving it a good go all the same, with the upcoming slasher Kakek Cangkul aka (and this is a literal translation) ‘Grandfather Hoe’.
Granted it all sounds more than a tad strange, until you realise the movie is actually the follow up to another hit Indonesian horror - from Movie Eight Studios - titled (no we’re not making this up) 'Grandmother Ladle,' and there’s even a third film planned to round off the series. Maybe nothing about Indonesian cinema should surprise us any more? Kakek Cangkul opens locally in late May.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM