- May 21
- Promo trail for new Genghis Khan epic AN END TO KILLING
- Posted by Deljhp - 21/05/12 at 07:31 PM
We were surprised to see that someone’s planning yet another historical epic based on the life of Genghis Khan – titled An End to Killing - so after a hunt around the web we’ve turned up a great looking (especially when you consider this is most likely unfinished footage) promo trailer for the film. Seems we aren’t the only ones who were wholly impressed – according to Variety, Universal has already snapped up the rights to the film, even before it’s finished. An End to Killing is due for release in China late this year, with a bow set for other territories in 2013.
Synopsis: The story is set against the backdrop of the later years of the reign of Genghis Khan. At a point when his power was at its peak and his empire had no equal, he decided to push westward wanting to enlarge his empire so that he could see it stretch from “the place where the sun rises to the city where the sun sets.” Smart, cunning, vicious and strategic; at that point in his life, no one could equal him and no one dared challenge him. That was until a master Daoist priest, Qiu Chuji came down from his mountain monastery, pursued Genghis Khan for three years and convinced him that immortality was only possible if he gave up violence and killing. Thus the mighty Khan was tamed.
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival