- Aug 02
- [REC]3 GENESIS: Review
- Posted by Deljhp - 02/08/12 at 08:32 AM
Director: Paco Plaza. Review: Richard Franklin (aka Adgy).
If you’ve seen either of the first two [Rec] movies, then you probably have certain expectations about what the third film in the series might be like. Well, get rid of them. [Rec] and [Rec]2 were creepy, tense zombie-ish found footage horror flicks that scared the crap out of most everyone who watched them. With the help of lots of claustrophobic tight shots and dark, foreboding atmosphere that kept you on your toes expecting something to attack at any moment - the first film especially had quite an impact on the whole found footage subgenre in horror and the second film followed closely in its footsteps. [Rec]3: Genesis, however takes that successful found footage formula and tosses it out the window, preferring instead to take aim at a different horror subgenre: comedy.
[Rec]3 starts out fairly similarly to the previous two films, with everything being shown via handheld camera and an underlying sense of tension indicating that the tranquil, mundane events you currently see before you will not last long. The scene this time is the wedding of a young couple by the names of Koldo and Clara. Everything seems fine for a while. The family arrives, the ceremony takes place, the party begins and then one of the guests falls ill. You can probably guess what happens next, even if you haven’t seen the previous films...Continue reading review.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX