- Dec 18
- Sean Byrne’s THE LOVED ONES released in 2010
- Posted by Deljhp - 18/12/09 at 10:44 AM
We’ve been hearing nothing but good things about Australian first time director Sean Byrne’s "Carrie"-meets-"Misery" flick The Loved Ones, so its great news for all fans of unusual, quirky and shockingly bloody horror that the film is finally due for some theatrical releases in the new year. Madman Films are setting up to screen the movie in Aus, and soon everyone in Britland will get chance to see it, as UK outfit Optimum has recently nabbed the rights to the pic. The official site for The Loved Ones is now live, but as yet, there’s not a whole lot to see. You can however take a peek at a load of great looking stills from the movie here.
Synopsis: Brent (Xavier Samuel) has never really recovered from the night of his car crash. It's the crash that killed his father, the crash that he was responsible for, and his only solace is his loving girlfriend Holly. But there's another girl who yearns to comfort Brent, the quietest girl in school, Lola. Just when Brent thought his life couldn't get any worse, Brent turns down Lola's invitation to the school prom and enters a nightmare beyond imagining. Just hours before the dance, Brent is abducted and taken to Lola's home by her adoring, demented DADDY who's determined to make his lovelorn princess's dream come true, her own private prom night with her dream date. As the night wears on Brent discovers that Lola's feelings for him aren't the only thing she's been keeping a secret, and although beaten and broken, he must summon every ounce of will he possesses if he is to survive, escape, and prevent Lola and her father from extending her revenge to those he loves most.
- GRINDHOUSE TRAILER CLASSICS 4 – out on DVD
- New Korean omnibus leaves us anything but MAD SAD BAD
- UK must prepare for the BIRTH OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Johnnie To’s ELECTION special screening
- Out today on DVD & Blu-Ray: THE STORY OF YONOSUKE
- KING’S WRATH becomes THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- Six John Carpenter movies. One great night.
- Arrow Films welcomes you to the THEATRE OF BLOOD