- Nov 15
- Show reel for Aussie supernatural mystery LAKE MUNGO
- Posted by Deljhp - 15/11/08 at 03:40 PM
Australian supernatural thriller Lake Mungo has been featuring a lot in the online press the last couple of days, mainly because the rights have just been sold to a U.S. studio for yet another (groan) remake. While this next latest American “re” telling of an original work might turn out to be the best thing since hot dinners, we for one wanted to know more about the original. After a dig around online we’ve managed to turn up a restrained, but very atmospheric show reel for director Joel Anderson's first feature length project. Filmed in a mock documentary style - this wont be for slasher horror fans, it takes its time on a slow burn towards the shocking finale. The reel is very high-res so takes quite a while to load.
Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old ALICE PALMER drowns while swimming in the local dam. When her body is recovered and a verdict of accidental death returned, her grieving family buries her. The family then experiences a series of strange and inexplicable events centered in and around their home. Profoundly unsettled, the Palmers seek the help of psychic and parapsychologist, Ray Kemeny. Ray discovers that Alice led a secret, double life. A series of clues lead the family to Lake Mungo where Alice's secret past emerges. Lake Mungo is a mystery, a thriller and a ghost story.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review