- Mar 24
- STONEHENGE APOCALYPSE: DVD Review
- Posted by Deljhp - 24/03/11 at 10:02 AM
Director: Paul Ziller. Review: Adam Wing.
I don’t know what scares me the most about Stonehenge Apocalypse - the fact that the line “A nuclear attack on Stonehenge will destroy the entire planet” is used, or the fact that I actually quite enjoyed it. On the most primitive of levels of course. I say primitive, I’m trying to remain respected here. I actually enjoyed it because it really wasn’t that bad a movie, note the word usage however - ‘really wasn’t that bad a movie’. At no point did I state that it was a good movie, ok? When a group of archaeologists dig up a human skeleton near the historical monument of Stonehenge, an ancient piece of machinery is discovered hidden beneath the ground. Not knowing what it could be, the workers accidentally trigger the mechanism and start a chain of events that could very well end the world as we know it.
Directed by Paul Ziller (I’ve never heard of him either), Stonehenge Apocalypse brings together a host of familiar, and not so familiar faces, from the small screen. Rogue scientist Jacob Glaser is brought to life by Misha Collins (angel Castiel in Supernatural), Peter Wingfield (Holby City, 24, X-Men II) plays Dr. John Trousdale, and Hill Harper (CSI: NY) takes on the role of born again bad guy Joseph Leshem. The one name that places Stonehenge Apocalypse at the tip of Syfy Channel’s illustrious TV movie pyramid is that of writer Brad Abraham, and perhaps we should give director Paul Ziller a little credit here too. Not to mention Misha Collins, but we’ll get to that part later...Continue reading review.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX