- Mar 24
- STONEHENGE APOCALYPSE: DVD Review
- Posted by Deljhp - 24/03/11 at 10:02 AM
Director: Paul Ziller. Review: Adam Wing.
I don’t know what scares me the most about Stonehenge Apocalypse - the fact that the line “A nuclear attack on Stonehenge will destroy the entire planet” is used, or the fact that I actually quite enjoyed it. On the most primitive of levels of course. I say primitive, I’m trying to remain respected here. I actually enjoyed it because it really wasn’t that bad a movie, note the word usage however - ‘really wasn’t that bad a movie’. At no point did I state that it was a good movie, ok? When a group of archaeologists dig up a human skeleton near the historical monument of Stonehenge, an ancient piece of machinery is discovered hidden beneath the ground. Not knowing what it could be, the workers accidentally trigger the mechanism and start a chain of events that could very well end the world as we know it.
Directed by Paul Ziller (I’ve never heard of him either), Stonehenge Apocalypse brings together a host of familiar, and not so familiar faces, from the small screen. Rogue scientist Jacob Glaser is brought to life by Misha Collins (angel Castiel in Supernatural), Peter Wingfield (Holby City, 24, X-Men II) plays Dr. John Trousdale, and Hill Harper (CSI: NY) takes on the role of born again bad guy Joseph Leshem. The one name that places Stonehenge Apocalypse at the tip of Syfy Channel’s illustrious TV movie pyramid is that of writer Brad Abraham, and perhaps we should give director Paul Ziller a little credit here too. Not to mention Misha Collins, but we’ll get to that part later...Continue reading review.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM