- Aug 12
- Taiwanese epic SEEDIQ BALE heading for the UK
- Posted by Deljhp - 12/08/11 at 07:36 AM
Those of you in the UK who liked the looks of (covered in our earlier stories here and here) Taiwanese historical war epic Seediq Bale are in for a treat. British distributor Optimum Releasing has just picked up the rights for the film, with a view to release it under the not too badly revamped title - Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale. No word yet on an opening date, but as always we’ll keep em peeled for more news. Trailer of warn torn epicness to see....below.
Synopsis: Set in 1930’s Formosa (now Taiwan) and based on true events, the film depicts the valiant but doomed struggle of more than 300 native Seediq warriors who, overcoming long standing and divisive inter-tribal rivalries, unite and launch a rebellion against their Japanese overseers. Fighting with ancient guns, spears and minimal weaponry and seeking to reclaim their land, their dignity and their honour, they took on the overwhelming force of the well armed Japanese imperial army. Driven by years of oppression and calling on the bravery and spirit of their ancestors, the 300 warriors using stealth, cunning and guerrilla tactics battle for freedom.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review