- Jul 25
- Takashi Miike’s HARA-KIRI: DEATH OF A SAMURAI in the U.S
- Posted by Deljhp - 25/07/12 at 08:29 PM
Just in case all you NYC and LA Takashi Miike fans have been slacking just a little and missed the fact that his latest opus Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai is playing now in your towns, consider yourselves told.
For those not smack bang on either coast it’s now also available On (via (Cable VOD, iTunes, Amazon Instant, VUDU, and Samsung Media Hub) Demand, but Cinema purists aren’t left out either - There’s a chance you may still get to see it on the big screen, as some additional cities are set to get it in the coming weeks - check the official site for listings!
Synopsis: A mysterious samurai who arrives at the doorstep of his feudal lord, requesting an honorable death by ritual suicide in his courtyard. The lord threatens him with the brutal tale of Motome, a desperate young Ronin who made a similar request with ulterior motives, only to meet a grisly end. Undaunted, the samurai begins to tell a story of his own, with an ending no one could see coming. With stunning cinematography and gripping performances, HARA-KIRI: DEATH OF A SAMURAI is a thrilling exploration of revenge, honour, and individuality in the face of oppressive power.
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival
- Teaser poster for Korean horror thriller DOCTOR
- Korean blockbuster MASQUERADE on US DVD
- English trailer for Chinese chiller THE INCREDIBLE TRUTH