- Jul 25
- Takashi Miike’s HARA-KIRI: DEATH OF A SAMURAI in the U.S
- Posted by Deljhp - 25/07/12 at 08:29 PM
Just in case all you NYC and LA Takashi Miike fans have been slacking just a little and missed the fact that his latest opus Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai is playing now in your towns, consider yourselves told.
For those not smack bang on either coast it’s now also available On (via (Cable VOD, iTunes, Amazon Instant, VUDU, and Samsung Media Hub) Demand, but Cinema purists aren’t left out either - There’s a chance you may still get to see it on the big screen, as some additional cities are set to get it in the coming weeks - check the official site for listings!
Synopsis: A mysterious samurai who arrives at the doorstep of his feudal lord, requesting an honorable death by ritual suicide in his courtyard. The lord threatens him with the brutal tale of Motome, a desperate young Ronin who made a similar request with ulterior motives, only to meet a grisly end. Undaunted, the samurai begins to tell a story of his own, with an ending no one could see coming. With stunning cinematography and gripping performances, HARA-KIRI: DEATH OF A SAMURAI is a thrilling exploration of revenge, honour, and individuality in the face of oppressive power.
- The UK is SAVING GENERAL YANG on DVD
- Korean crime thriller FRIEND 2 gets U.S release
- A GAME OF ASSASSINS finally starts on Dec 26
- Epic KING NARESUAN series reaches number 5!?
- Are we ready for a FIRESTORM?!
- Hong Kong celebrates new year AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- Poster & trailer for Malay horror THE TRANSCEND
- New poster for THE EXTREME FOX