- Aug 14
- THE BULLET VANISHES will appear in U.S. theaters this month
- Posted by Adgy - 14/08/12 at 10:58 PM
It's opening in China today and in only a few weeks, lucky U.S. residents will have a chance to see Lo Chi Leung's latest detective thriller The Bullet Vanishes! China Lion Film is bringing the flick to North America for limited release in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Seattle, Boston, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington DC on August 31st. How's that for prompt service?
Produced by Derek Yee, whose name you might recognize from films like Triple Tap, The Great Magician and The Shinjuku Incident and starring Nicolas Tse, Lau Ching Wan and Yang Mi, we haven't heard a whole lot about the film's quality, but it looks cool and Lau Ching Wan is always worth a watch, so if it's playing in your town you probably ought to give it a look. You can keep an eye on China Lion's Facebook page if you're hoping the movie might pop up in your city, or want to request that it does.
Synopsis: In an arsenal during the warlord era in China, a girl, accused of stealing bullets, is shot to death by the Boss. Six months later, a series of murders occur. Policemen Bao and Guo investigate the case. But all the clues point to the dead girl! They then discover that “stealing bullets” is a cover-up for a conspiracy between the Boss and the Police Chief. The latter tries to have Bao and Guo killed, but that increases their determination to solve the mystery. Finally, they find the real murderer…
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM