- Apr 30
- THE FRONT LINE: U.S DVD review
- Posted by Deljhp - 30/04/12 at 05:36 PM
Director: Hun Jang. Review: Chris Sawin.
It's 1953 and The Korean War wages on. Negotiations for a ceasefire have been going on for over two years, but nothing has come of it. The South Korean group of men fighting at Aerok Hill is known as Alligator Company. Their commander was said to be shot with a gun from his own side and Intel says there's a spy residing in their midst. First Lieutenant Eun-Pyo (Ha-kyun Shin) of the Defense Security Command is sent to look into it.
Once there, Eun-Pyo is reunited with his best friend from college Su-Hyeok (Soo Go) who Eun-Pyo thought had died at the beginning of the war. But Su-Hyeok is not the man he used to be as his humanity has been stripped away, he doesn't think twice about killing anyone, and has somehow moved up in rank to Lieutenant in just two short years. But Alligator Company is hiding something that lies within the events that occurred at Po-hang and has left their current commanding officer Captain Il-Young (Je-hoon Lee) addicted to morphine.
Despite being a fan of horror, blood and guts, and explosions, war movies have always been the oil to my water. No matter how hard you stir or shake the two of us together we just don't mix and have decided to see other genres because of it. It's not that I think war movies are bad. They just haven't appealed to me in the past and every one I've tried to watch up until this point has been okay at best. Maybe it's because I'm getting older or that I'm beginning to notice more during movies, but The Front Line makes me reconsider that opinion and those feelings...Continue reading review.
- THIS GIRL IS BADASS: U.S DVD review
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM