- Feb 16
- THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE WEIRD rides into the U.S!
- Posted by Deljhp - 16/02/10 at 11:07 AM
Well it’s about time. Over one and a half years after its initial release, Ji-Woon Kim’s anarchic Korean Western action adventure The Good, the Bad, and the Weird is to finally get a US release!! We won’t dwell on the extraordinarily long time it’s taken them to get this fantastic film direct to an American audience, now it’s nearly here, let’s talk details and dates. IFC films are set to launch The Good, the Bad, and the Weird on their VOD service from March 31st, followed by a (probably limited) theatrical release from April 9th. That puts a DVD and Blu-ray due around July. There’s no U.S trailer as yet, though to be honest, the one on the still live UK official website is as good as any. Get to it.
Synopsis: 1930s Manchuria, where lawlessness rules and many different gangs clash, three Korean men fatefully meet each other on a train. Do-won (Jung Woo-sung) is a bounty hunter who tracks down any criminals with rewards on their heads. Chang-yi (Lee Byung-hun) is the leader of a group of tough-as-nails bandits. He cannot stand to be the second best. Tae-goo (Song Kang-ho) is a train robber with nine lives. The three strangers engage in a chase across Manchuria to take possession of a map Tae-goo discovers while robbing the train. Also on the hunt for the mysterious map are the Japanese army and Asian bandits. In this unpredictable, escalating battle for the map, who will stand in the end as the winner?
- Official site for MOTHER
- New trailer for TEKKEN 2: KAZUYA’S REVENGE
- North America gets BABY BLUES on DVD & Blu
- New poster for K-horror THE TUNNEL
- KILLERS arrive in the U.K this Friday
- So-so teaser poster for horror thriller HORNS
- Daniel Chan’s TRIAD on US DVD
- English subbed trailer for Thai horror HONG HOON