- Apr 25
- ‘The Ring’ sequel SADAKO 3D heads for Korea
- Posted by Deljhp - 25/04/12 at 06:03 PM
One of the most anticipated Asian horror movie events on our calendar for 2012 is the release of the latest incarnation of ‘The Ring’ series Sadako 3D, ands it looks like she’s spreading further afield. Korea is next to get a dose of classic J-horror, when it opens there in June 14 - Which all importantly, should give us first sight of an English subbed DVD release around September time. New poster and teaser trail at the link.
Synopsis: Akane is a high school teacher who hears a rumour from her students that there is actual footage on the Internet of someone's suicide. The footage is said to drive anyone who sees it to also commit suicide. Akane does not believe the rumour at first, but when one of her female students dies after viewing the footage, she and her boyfriend Takanori are fatefully drawn into the horror that has been created by the man who appears in the suicide footage, Kashiwada. Kashiwada's intention is to create chaos in the world by bringing back Sadako and the power of her curse. Now Akane has to fight against Sadako and Kashiwada to save the lives of herself and Takanori.
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival