- Mar 24
- The UK gets a WHALE WATCHING MASSASCRE
- Posted by Deljhp - 24/03/10 at 11:53 AM
We’ve missed the early boat (geddit) slightly with this one, but we thought it still well worth a mention. Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre, Iceland’s first foray into the sticky red world of slash horror is to get an English subtitled R2 DVD release from E1 Entertainment. Now pre-fixed with “Harpoon” (because that’s obviously so much scarier?) in the title, Reykjavik is the brainchild of Julius Kemp, and a blatant homage - ‘Leatherface’ actor Gunnar Hansen even makes an appearance - to its ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ namesake. The blood starts flying May 10th. *Makes note on the to watch list*.
Synopsis: When a freak accident leaves the captain of their Whale watching boat mortally wounded and the first mate jumps ship following his attempted rape of a passenger, a small group of tourists are forced to seek refuge on a passing former whaling vessel manned by a family of ‘Fishbillies’ with a psychotic score to settle. With whaling no longer on the agenda, the tourists become the helpless prey aboard a ship that is soon to be sailing on a sea of blood.
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival