- Jan 24
- There is more than one way to watch THE KILLERS
- Posted by Dorrystavern - 24/01/14 at 05:17 PM
Arrow Films’ Arrow Academy label is pleased to announce the release of The Killers, coming to Blu-ray for the first time in the UK on February 24, 2014. Probably best known as what was intended to be the first TV movie, but pulled by broadcasters due to what was seen as overtly graphic violence, The Killers, most importantly, is the film that established Lee Marvin. This feature-packed disc will be released as a deluxe Blu-ray featuring original and newly commissioned artwork, an archive interview with director Don Siegel, new and exclusive interviews with Dwayne Epstein, author of 'Lee Marvin: Point Blank' and Marc Eliot, author of 'Ronald Reagan: The Hollywood Years', alongside an exclusive collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mike Sutton, extracts from Don Siegel’s autobiography and contemporary reviews. Not only that, you can now enjoy the film in both the alternate widescreen framing (1.85:1) and the more commonly seen 1.33:1/4:3 version.
Synopsis: "I gotta find out what makes a man decide not to run. Why all of a sudden he'd rather die." So muses hitman Charlie (Lee Marvin) after his high-priced victim Johnny North (John Cassavetes) gives in without a fight. Obsessed with the answer, Charlie and his hot-headed associate Lee (Clu Gulager) track down Johnny's associates, and uncover a complex web of crime and deceit involving his femme fatale girlfriend Sheila (Angie Dickinson) and ruthless mob boss Jack Browning (Ronald Reagan in his last screen role).
- David Cronenberg is sending us SHIVERS in HD!
- THE VISITOR knocks on the door of High Definition
- HERO OF SHAOLIN dubsteps out on DVD
- It’s all about the money in FOR THE EMPEROR
- New poster and trailer for 25 NIJYU-GO
- GUN WOMAN shoots to kill on UK DVD
- A MAN-HOLE lot more to see in two new trailers
- AS THE LIGHT GOES OUT arrives Stateside