- Feb 15
- Trail for Korean historical drama GABI (aka RUSSIAN COFFEE)
- Posted by Adgy - 15/02/12 at 06:26 PM
Historical dramas seem to be pretty popular in Korea these days, and as long as they're high quality, no one's complaining. The next film hoping to join that long line of success is Gabi, sometimes going under the name Russian Coffee, the name of the book it's based on. The film is directed by Jang Yoon-hyeon, stars Joo Jin-mo, Park Hee-soon and Kim So-yeon and is currently set for a March 15th release in Korea.
Synopsis: Gabi depicts the assassination attempt of King Gojong (Park Hee-Soon) - the 26th king of the Joseon Dynasty. Set towards the end of the 19th century, when coffee was first introduced to Korea, Russian sharpshooter Illichi (Joo Jin-Mo) and Joseon's first barista Danya (Kim So-Yeon) are manipulated by Sadako (Yoo-Sun) in an intricate plot to assassinate King Gojong.
- EDDIE: THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL quickie review
- MANIAC (2013): DVD Review
- Martial arts fest THE KING OF THE STREETS on U.S DVD
- U.S theatrical release for Asian action fest THE GUILLONTINES
- A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: Blu-ray Review
- Trailer for J-horror HANAKO SAN
- THE FLU arrives in Korea this summer
- Takashi Miike’s FOR LOVE’S SAKE: DVD review