- Feb 15
- Trail for Korean historical drama GABI (aka RUSSIAN COFFEE)
- Posted by Adgy - 15/02/12 at 06:26 PM
Historical dramas seem to be pretty popular in Korea these days, and as long as they're high quality, no one's complaining. The next film hoping to join that long line of success is Gabi, sometimes going under the name Russian Coffee, the name of the book it's based on. The film is directed by Jang Yoon-hyeon, stars Joo Jin-mo, Park Hee-soon and Kim So-yeon and is currently set for a March 15th release in Korea.
Synopsis: Gabi depicts the assassination attempt of King Gojong (Park Hee-Soon) - the 26th king of the Joseon Dynasty. Set towards the end of the 19th century, when coffee was first introduced to Korea, Russian sharpshooter Illichi (Joo Jin-Mo) and Joseon's first barista Danya (Kim So-Yeon) are manipulated by Sadako (Yoo-Sun) in an intricate plot to assassinate King Gojong.
- THE BURBS: Blu-ray review
- The Vault: AKIRA
- NIGHT OF THE COMET on Blu isn’t a million miles away
- A South African horrorFest is coming!
- Donnie’s back to rumble in the KUNG FU JUNGLE
- English subbed trailer for Thai horror THE SWIMMERS
- The Vault: ADRIFT IN TOKYO
- Kim Ki-duk’s MOEBIUS is coming to UK DVD this October