- Mar 27
- U.S poster for WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE
- Posted by Deljhp - 27/03/12 at 05:50 PM
A couple of months back we dropped word that Taiwanese war epic Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale, was set to tip into U.S cinemas and now here’s the shiny new (with a hint of menace) theatrical poster and trailer to take a gander at...If you haven’t caught the kick-ass U.S trail yet, what’s keeping you?! Head on down to the link. Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale opens on April 27.
Synopsis: Some eighty years ago, in the mountains of Taiwan two races clashed in defence of their faiths. One race believed in rainbows, the other believed in the sun. Neither side realized that they both believed in the same sky. Between 1895 and 1945, the island was a Japanese colony inhabited not only by the majority (Han Chinese Immigrants) but also by the remnants of the aboriginal tribes who first settled the mountainous land. In 1930 Mouna Rudo, the leader of the Seediq tribe settled on and around Mount Chilai, forged a coalition with other Seediq tribal leaders and plotted a rebellion against their Japanese colonial masters. It was to begin at a sports day meeting where the assembled tribesmen were to attach and kill the Japanese officials and would then broaden to sieges on police stations and local government offices in the region. The initial uprising took the Japanese by surprise and was almost entirely successful. But the Japanese soon sent in their army to crush the rebellion, using aircraft and poison gas. Nothing but all out war ensues.
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival
- Teaser poster for Korean horror thriller DOCTOR