- Jan 06
- U.S release date for THE HOUSEMAID
- Posted by Deljhp - 06/01/11 at 07:06 PM
Sang-soo lim’s (‘President Last Bang’) remake of Kim Ki-young's 60s Korean thriller The Housemaid - A dark tale of adultery, twisted ambition and murder - is up for release in the U.S via IFC films! The original was considered to be one of the best South Korean movies ever made, and the general feeling amongst critics has been that Lim did himself no disservice with the reboot, so pencil this date into your calendars...The Housemaid goes on limited release from Jan 21, then hits VOD from Jan 26. Get checking those local listings.
Synopsis: Divorcee Eun Yi signs on to work as a nanny and housemaid for a wealthy, upper-crust family. In her naive eyes, the rich and handsome Hoon, his pregnant wife Hae Ra, and adorable daughter Hae Ra (make the picture-perfect family. But that myth is soon shattered when the domineering Hoon finds his way to her bed. Their torrid affair upsets the balance of the household, unleashing a cruel power struggle as Hae Ra, her mother, and the head housekeeper all answer with their own calculated attack.
- Korean disaster epic THE TOWER: DVD review
- Official site for Sion Sono’s WHY DON’T YOU PLAY IN HELL
- APARTMENT 1303: DVD review
- Indie horror THE HUMAN RACE gets picked up for release
- New poster for HK horror TALES FROM THE DARK: Part 1
- TV spot for Hideo Nakata’s THE COMPLEX
- This new clip from Neil Jordan’s BYZANTIUM
- Full program for 13th Nippon Connection Film Festival